Crystal Reports has a special field name “DataDate”. This date shows the last time the data on the report has been executed. A recent client asked for the similar functionality in SSRS when a snapshot is run. They wanted to see the actual date for to be used as a print date but they wanted to have the date the data was pulled for the report. This can be accomplished with the build in field in SSRS named ExecutionTime. This will return the date the report ran last even when the snap shot is pulled up much later. So you can have the Now() function show the current date, so you know when the report was printed. And you can have the date the data was updated similar to the DataDate in Crystal Reports.
- RT @StrateSQL: Mikes entering sandman #sqlkaraoke vine.co/v/eYUJrV0JAiK 3 months ago
- RT @SQLChicken: #SQLSat476 BI on 11/14/2015 feat. myself,@idigdata,@mikedavisSQL,@pamshaw,@sharepointmikea,@sql_r and more https://t.co/3qc… 3 months ago
- 10 things #leaders can do to drive results today #leadership bit.ly/1hnO0Fb via @wadamj 5 months ago
- RT @wadamj: So excited for fishing tomorrow with @SQLMartini @StrateSQL @MikeDavisSQL @knight_devin @DataOnWheels @PragmaticWorks #teambuil… 5 months ago
- RT @SQLDusty: Join me & @MitchellSQL as we present Designing your #Datawarehouse from the Ground Up--> bit.ly/1JmHcEC #sql http://t… 5 months ago
Pass Summit 2011