Crystal Reports has a special field name “DataDate”. This date shows the last time the data on the report has been executed. A recent client asked for the similar functionality in SSRS when a snapshot is run. They wanted to see the actual date for to be used as a print date but they wanted to have the date the data was pulled for the report. This can be accomplished with the build in field in SSRS named ExecutionTime. This will return the date the report ran last even when the snap shot is pulled up much later. So you can have the Now() function show the current date, so you know when the report was printed. And you can have the date the data was updated similar to the DataDate in Crystal Reports.
- New blog on Contract vs Perm work mikedavissql.com/2013/05/22/con… @Pragmaticworks #jobs #consulting #SQLServer 17 hours ago
- The pros and cons of #coffee thebiznavigator.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/pros-a… 1 day ago
- You can get your DNA analized for $99 23andme.com #DNA #Whosyourdaddy #science #genome 2 days ago
- datatechnologytoday.wordpress.com/author/datatec… Saw this article, I think BI Devs need this, in terms of DBA skills. What DBA Skills should a BI dev have? #sqlserver 2 days ago
- My Blog on a common calculation, Per member/ Per Month / Per 1000 mikedavissql.com/2013/05/20/per… #sqlserver #ssas 2 days ago
Pass Summit 2011