Crystal Reports has a special field name “DataDate”. This date shows the last time the data on the report has been executed. A recent client asked for the similar functionality in SSRS when a snapshot is run. They wanted to see the actual date for to be used as a print date but they wanted to have the date the data was pulled for the report. This can be accomplished with the build in field in SSRS named ExecutionTime. This will return the date the report ran last even when the snap shot is pulled up much later. So you can have the Now() function show the current date, so you know when the report was printed. And you can have the date the data was updated similar to the DataDate in Crystal Reports.
- RT @neiltyson: On this day long ago, a child was born who, by age 30, would transform the world. Happy Birthday Isaac Newton b. Dec 25, 1642 3 months ago
- RT @rywoo: Why is ufc 173 playing right now? What is going on? Somebody is getting fired 3 months ago
- RT @askyourmomblog: @MikeDavisSQL rockin it at #sqlkaraoke http://t.co/15l8BLxRF9 4 months ago
- RT good times thanks guys. @SQLBalls: @MikeDavisSQL riding the bull cc @mrdenny @ajbigdata http://t.co/JnMCtte5Sy 4 months ago
- RT @PragmaticWorks: Happy #Halloween from the Pragmatic Works' team! http://t.co/C6YjBessg2 4 months ago
Pass Summit 2011