Crystal Reports has a special field name “DataDate”. This date shows the last time the data on the report has been executed. A recent client asked for the similar functionality in SSRS when a snapshot is run. They wanted to see the actual date for to be used as a print date but they wanted to have the date the data was pulled for the report. This can be accomplished with the build in field in SSRS named ExecutionTime. This will return the date the report ran last even when the snap shot is pulled up much later. So you can have the Now() function show the current date, so you know when the report was printed. And you can have the date the data was updated similar to the DataDate in Crystal Reports.
- RT @SQLBalls: OH: I'm searching @Pinterest for creative ways to punish children. #ILoveTechnology. I need to do this for my teenagers. 4 days ago
- RT @DBA_ANDY: Congrats to @GFritchey @wendy_dance and @jrowlandjones on their election to the #SQLPASS BOD! 1 week ago
- RT @SQLBeat: I don't always blog, but when I do it is about someone special. tinyurl.com/ms5ghdl #Summit14 1 week ago
- RT @ajbigdata: @satyanadella and @pragmaticworks @SQLBalls quoted together on the new @microsoft data culture. bit.ly/1BSlkYp 2 weeks ago
- RT @ajbigdata: Woot! @PragmaticWorks is excited to announce our second new MVP today! Congrats @jasonhorner!! @SQLBalls 3 weeks ago
Pass Summit 2011