Crystal Reports has a special field name “DataDate”. This date shows the last time the data on the report has been executed. A recent client asked for the similar functionality in SSRS when a snapshot is run. They wanted to see the actual date for to be used as a print date but they wanted to have the date the data was pulled for the report. This can be accomplished with the build in field in SSRS named ExecutionTime. This will return the date the report ran last even when the snap shot is pulled up much later. So you can have the Now() function show the current date, so you know when the report was printed. And you can have the date the data was updated similar to the DataDate in Crystal Reports.
- RT @PragmaticWorks: Nothing like a little corn hole game with @knight_devin, @MikeDavisSQL & @wadamj! http://t.co/5l4qoTNylZ 1 month ago
- Working the booth at SQL sat jax @PragmaticWorks http://t.co/fTG1ZF3xBo 2 months ago
- Check out our tools @PragmaticWorks updated #Workbench, #BIxPress, #DOCxPress, #DBAxPress! Access your downloads: bit.ly/1E8WTqV 2 months ago
- RT @neiltyson: On this day long ago, a child was born who, by age 30, would transform the world. Happy Birthday Isaac Newton b. Dec 25, 1642 7 months ago
- RT @rywoo: Why is ufc 173 playing right now? What is going on? Somebody is getting fired 7 months ago
Pass Summit 2011